- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, lean lamb stew meat, cut in 1 in. cubes, trim off all fat!!!
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lg. (1 cup) onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup chicken/beef stock
- 1 cup of beer
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 2 cups diced rutabaga or turnips
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Add carrots and rutabaga.
- Sprinkle lamb with 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper. Coat with flour.
- Heat oil in a 2 to 3 quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Brown lamb a few pieces at a time in the hot oil.
- Remove to Crock Pot with slotted spoon.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onion and cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally until lightly browned.
- Stir in the liquids, scraping up browned bits on bottom of pot.
- Transfer onion mixture to the Crock Pot (Note that the liquids won’t cover the solid stuff, but it’s OK!)
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour and then on low for 7 to 9 hours, adding peas during the last 30 to 45 minutes.