Based on a recipe on Wikihow.com
- Whole fat milk, 1 QT
- Yogurt starter, 2 tbsp
- Heat the milk up slowly or on a double boiler until milk starts to form bubbles and a film starts to form on the surface, around 180F/80C. Stir regularly
- While that is slowly heating up, boil some water and pour it into a container to hold the yogurt. Use boiling water to sterilize stirrers too.
- Also boil water to put into containers to be used as heating cells in the oven.
- Cool the milk until film starts to form, about 110 F/42 C.
- While cooling, put the “heating cells” inside the oven to be used as incubator
- Leave the oven light on. (Optionally, preheat the oven to the lowest setting, but make sure by the time you put the milk in it it isn’t too hot!)
- Mix in the starter
- Pour into containers, each sealed tightly and wrapped in plastic.
- Put inside an oven with oven light on.
- Do not disturb for at least 8 hours, and up to 14 hours.
- Put the yogurt in the fridge immediately, and don’t forget to turn off the oven light!