Adapted from Epicurious, which came from Bon Appetit
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon (packed) finely grated lemon/orange peel
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (try olive oil if you like the taste)
- 1/4 cup lemon, orange, or grapefruit marmalade (for glaze)
- 2 teaspoons rum
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F.
- Generously butter 8 1/2×4 1/2×2 1/2-inch metal loaf pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into medium bowl.
- Combine yogurt, sugar, eggs, lemon peel, and vanilla in large bowl; whisk until well blended.
- Gradually whisk in dry ingredients.
- Using rubber spatula, fold in oil. Transfer batter to prepared pan. Place pan on baking sheet.
- Place cake on baking sheet in oven and bake until cake begins to pull away from sides of pan and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
- Cool cake in pan on rack 5 minutes.
- Cut around pan sides to loosen cake.
- Turn cake out onto rack.
- Turn cake upright on rack and cool completely. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Wrap and store at room temperature.)
- Stir marmalade and the rum in small saucepan over medium heat until marmalade melts. Brush hot mixture over top of cake. Let glaze cool and set.
- Cut cake crosswise into slices.