Adapted from Jennifer’s adaptation of some airplane magazine’s recipe.
- Melt butter and brown sugar in saucepan over low heat.
- Add chocolate chips and stir to melt
- put mixture into a bowl and let cool
- Beat eggs a bit in a separate bowl
- Add eggs and vanilla to the butter and sugar mixture and mix well.
- Sift in flour, salt, and baking soda
- Make balls using an ice cream scoop
- Chill dough for 1/2 – 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (taking into account that your dough shouldn’t chill more than 1 hour).
- Bake the chilled dough directly for about 8 minutes
- Remove cookies from oven and place an Andes mint on each one while cookies are still on the cookie sheets
- Move cookies onto a cooling rack
- As the candy melts, spread it across the top of the cookie with a butter knife.
Makes approximately 2 dozen.