Adapted from About.com’s recipe
- 1 eggs
- 1 cups of flour
- 3/4 tsp lemon zest (about half a lemon)
- 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp melted butter (1 min in Low microwave setting)
- 1 cups milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (about 1/3 of a lemon)
- Start heating the pan at medium-low heat
- Separate the white from the yolk
- Mix flour and lemon zest. Add the salt and sugar. Sift in the baking power and baking soda. Pour in the oil, milk, egg yolks, lemon juice
- Whisk the mixture until smooth
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff
- Put 1/3 or egg whites and mix into the flour mixture
- Fold the rest of the egg white gently into the batter. This is done by cutting into the egg white, fold from bottom, and turn the bowl until fluffy.
- Pour a cup into a non-stick, greased pan on medium low, turn when lots of bubbles start popping on the surface, and remove after about half the time it took for the first side. Repeat until batter is used up.
- to make buttermilk pancake, just replace the 1 cups of milk with 1 cups of buttermilk and 3 Tbsp milk. If buttermilk already has salt, don’t use salt. And replace baking powder with baking soda!
- Don’t use frozen blueberries; they have extra moisture and will soggy up the pancake