Thanks for Señora Paz for this home-made dish! Prepare one day in advance.
- 4 eggs
- 14-oz can of condensed milk, preferably “Lechera”
- 28 oz milk (use the condensed milk can after emptying it for measuring)
- 2 tbsp lemon zest (about one lemon)
- caramel syrup (no butter!)
- preheat oven to 325 F
- in a mixing bowl, beat the eggs well with a pinch of salt
- add the can of condensed milk, beat well
- fill the emptied container with milk and add it to the mix, do this twice, beat well
- add lemon zest, beat again until even
- In whatever container you are going to use, add a think layer of caramel, let it cool
- pour the mix onto it
- put the container of your mix into a bath of hot water in a baking pan, put the whole thing in the oven
- turn off oven after 1 hour or when a knife comes out clean from the mix.
- leave it in the fridge overnight