Based on Simply Recipe’s “Sautéed Swiss Chard”
- 1/2 lb swiss chard, yielding 1 cup of chopped ribs (1/2 – 1 in)
- small onion, chopped
- olive oil
- 1 6-oz can of tuna, preferably in oil
- 1/4 cup (half a stick) butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 lb dry pasta
- Salt and pepper
- Separate the ribs from the greens in the manner described here. Cut the ribs into 1/2-inch to 1-inch pieces. Blanch the ribs in lightly salted boiling water for 3 minutes.
- In a saucepan on medium heat, add olive oil
- Sautée the chopped onions until clear (don’t burn)
- Add the canned tuna, sautée for 2 min
- Melt butter in the mixture
- Add the drained, blanched ribs and stir for 4 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and cook until cream reduces by two-thirds.
- While the cream is reducing, cook up your pasta according to the pasta’s package directions.
- Mix creamed chard with pasta. Season lightly with salt and freshly ground pepper.