- pinch of saffron
- 2 cups couscous
- 2 cups chicken broth, stock, or just water
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp chives
- put 2 Tbsp butter in the chicken broth on medium heat.
- On medium heat in a small pan, put in onion for a minute, then shallot, another minute, and pepper. Cook until all is cooked (seconds!)
- Put the vegetables into the boiling broth, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the whole thing into a bowl of couscous.
- Mix well and cover it immediately.
- Wait FIVE EXACT minutes
- Remove the plastic wrap immediately and throw in the chives.
- Immediately release the steam by constantly tossing the couscous; this is to stop the steam from continuing cooking the couscous, which would make it soggy! You can even leave it on a cooking sheet to let all the steam go!
- To eat it cold, just add olive oil and chopped parsley.