Based on recipe on AllRecipes.com
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (about half a medium onion)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery (about two stalks)
- 4 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1/2 pound chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups egg noodles or 1/2 cup of rice
- 1 cup sliced carrots (about two large carrots)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter.
- Cook onion and celery in butter until just tender, 5 minutes.
- Pour in chicken and vegetable broths and stir in chicken, noodles/rice, carrots, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes before serving.