- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a work bowl with an electric mixer, cream the butter.
- Sift the sugar and cocoa powder together and gradually add to the butter, mix well by hand after each addition. (If you use an electric beater the dry stuff will fly all over the place!)
- Add the cream and vanilla and beat until well blended and fluffy.
- You can substitute vanilla with orange extract!