From many different sources.
Make this right before you are going to use it. Makes 1 cup, good for topping one 9-in cake.
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Kahlúa, brandy, or whatever liqueur you like
- Place chocolate in a glass bowl (or anything heat-proof)
- Heat heavy cream until the edge starts to bubble
- Stir in the espresso powder, then remove from heat and cover. Steep for 30 min.
- Bring the cream back to the heat until the edge starts to bubble again
- Pour espresso cream onto the chocolate, let it stand for 1 minute.
- Stir until mixture is uniform
- Stir in the Kahlúa
- Let it stand until it is still liquidy but would flow down very slowly on the cake (about 80-85F)