Inspired by the Tabak Maaz recipe
- 1 lb lamb ribs
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp Meat Masala
- 2 cups water
- Hang the yogurt in a cloth for at least 2 hours, overnight even better.
- Mix hung yogurt with the salt and masala.
- Rub yogurt mix onto the ribs, leave it covered at room temperature for 6 hours
- Put ribs and the two cups of water in a pot and bring to a boil
- Simmer for 1 hour
- Remove ribs, reserve sauce
- Fry ribs on oil or ghee both sides, about 1 min each side.
- Put ribs on a warm plate and drizzle reserved sauce.
- Originally it was not meat masala but:
- Dried ginger powder: 1 teaspoon
- Powdered Fennel seeds: 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: ½ teaspoon
- Ground Cinnamon: 1 teaspoon
- Cardamom powder: 2 teaspoon.
- Ground cloves: ¼ teaspoon
- Hing Asafetida: pinch
- Degi Mirch (Paprika): 1 teaspoon