Based on Simply Recipe
- 1 lb asparagus spears (thick spears are best for roasting)
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly grated black pepper
- Lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Rinse clean the asparagus. Break the tough ends off of the asparagus and discard.
- Lay the asparagus spears out in a single layer in a baking dish or a foil-covered roasting pan.
- Drizzle olive oil over the spears, roll the asparagus back and forth until they are all covered with a thin layer of olive oil.
- Sprinkle with minced garlic, salt, and pepper, preferably Spanish pimentón. Rub over the asparagus so that they are evenly distributed.
- Place pan in oven and cook for approximately 8-10 minutes, depending on how thick your asparagus spears are, until lightly browned and tender when pierced with a fork.
- Drizzle with a little fresh lemon juice before serving.