Based on Chow’s recipe
- 8 cups (2 quarts) water
- 8 green tea bags
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- ½ cup superfine or granulated sugar
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice (from 4 medium limes)
- Place water in a medium pot and bring to a simmer over high heat.
- When water simmers, remove from heat, add tea bags and mint, cover, and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Once tea has steeped, discard tea bags, add sugar, and stir until sugar has completely dissolved.
- Let tea cool to room temperature, then place in the refrigerator to cool completely, about 2 hours.
- Once tea is cold, remove mint and stir in lime juice. Taste and adjust with more lime juice or sugar as desired.
I used a lot less sugar than asked for, and no complications with the mint and lime wedges afterwards.