Based on various sources and my own idea.
- 4 oz any Asian noodles
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup of whatever mushrooms you like
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth (vegetable if vegetarian, of course)
- 1 14-oz can of coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp garlic chili sauce
- Ginger size of half your thumb, flatten with a knife
- 8 oz extra firm tofu
- four cubes of fried tofu, each cut into halves
- Chinese cabbage or any Chinese greens.
- eight shrimp, deveined and shelled.
- 2 Tbsp chipped cilantro
- 1/4 cup scallions, sliced into 2-in strips
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce, more if you like.
- Make the noodles as directed, and reserve it somewhere. Make sure you wash it with cold water after it’s cooked to remove all starch.
- Fry the onions in the olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add carrots and stirfry for 5 min
- Add mushrooms, broth, coconut milk, chili sauce, ginger, and tofus. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and Chinese cabbage or any Chinese greens. Let it simmer for another 5 minutes, stir to make sure the vegetables are cooked uniformly.
- When the shrimp is no longer gray, add the noodles and turn up the heat.
- When it starts to boil, take the pot off the heat and add cilantro and scallions.
- Serve in two bowls, add at least one Tbsp fish sauce for each bowl. More if you like. Fish sauce is already salty, but feel free to add more salt.