From Relish magazine’s recipe
- 3 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped into meltable pieces
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided into two portions, a cup each
- 1 stick (½ cup) butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup, plus 2 Tbsp, sugar
- 3 tsp finely ground dark roast coffee
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Melt unsweetened chocolate, 1 cup chocolate chips and butter in microwave on low power. Stir after every minute until smooth, about 4 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, ground coffee and sugar until until a soft ribbon forms when lifting whisk.
- Beat in chocolate mixture.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt and whisk to mix well.
- Mix in the dry ingredients into the bowl of liquid ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Add remaining chocolate chips. Stir until just mixed.
- It is supposed to look very liquidy.You can leave it in the fridge for 15 if you want a thicker cookie.
- Using an ice cream scoop, drop batter 2 inches apart on greased or parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes until puffed and cracked on top. Remove from oven and cool 1 minute on sheet; transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Yields 2 dozen