Based on recipe from Diane
- 100 g of sugar (100 ml)
- 2 eggs
- 250 g of flour (2 cups)
- 1 tbs of buckwheat, spelt or whole wheat flour
- pinch of salt
- 25 g of melted butter (2 tbs)
- 625 ml of milk (a bit more than 2 ½ cups)
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- zest of a clementine (or 1 tsp of any citrus)
- whisk eggs, sugar and salt.
- slowly add in flour, then melted butter. mix well!
- pour in milk, vanilla and zest. blend thoroughly; if needed, use an electric whip.
- let it be for at least one hour (overnight is better!).
- on a griddle on medium high, pour it in and scrape it up!