Based on My Colombian Recipe
- 4 pork chops or any thick piece of pork
- ¼ cup salt
- 4 cups warm water
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup pitted prunes
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup water
- Pinch of salt
- Disolve the salt in the water in a large bowl, place the pork chops in the mixture, cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pork chops from the mixture and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place the chops into the heated oil and cook about 5-7 minutes per side, depending on how thick the chops are. Transfer the pork chops to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium low. In the same pan add the butter, prunes, water, pinch of salt and sugar. Cover.
- Cook for about 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. Cover.
- Add the wine and salt and continue cooking for 15 minutes more. Pour half of the sauce over the chops and serve immediately, using the remaining sauce as table gravy.