Based on Bagget’s The All-American Dessert Book. This is for a 10-in spring form pan.
- 9 graham crackers, coarsely broken
- 4 Tbps butter, melted
- 1/3 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a food processor grind the cracker pieces to powder
- Add butter and vanilla and process, scraping down sides of the bowl once or twice, for 1 min, or until mixture begins to hold together
- If it seems too dry, gradually add 1 tsp of water at a time
- Press the crumbs evenly and using the side of a cylindric cup, firmly into the bottom of the spring form pan.
- Then assemble the pan and press the remaining crumb a little up the sides.
- Bake for 8-13 minutes, let it cool on a wire rack before use.