From Chow’s recipe of the same name
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and scraped, seeds reserved
- Place water, honey, sugar, and vanilla seeds in a small saucepan over medium heat and stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer and stir occasionally until sugar is dissolved.
- Reduce heat to low and continue to simmer until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Remove syrup from heat and let cool completely.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.