From Brianna’s recipe
Makes 2 loaves at a time, both will fit on one cookie sheet.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- (optional: 1 1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds and 1/2 cup raisins)
- 4 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk together wet ingredients in another bowl
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened (no need to knead!) The batter will be stiff, but sticky.
- Scrape batter into a 6-7inch diameter blob on a greased baking sheet.
- (Optional: sprinkle with oats and cut a deep x in top)
- Bake until golden, about 25 minutes. Cool completely and serve with butter and Irish coffee!