Makes 15 financiers. From Marmiton.
- 75 g almond flour (about 3/4-1 cup)
- 100 g of butter (one stick)
- one vanilla bean, halved length-wise and seeds removed. Keep both.
- 35 g of flour (about 1/3 cup)
- 150 g of confectioner sugar (about 1.5 cups)
- 4 egg whites (add one by one)
- a few drops of almond extract
- Butter a cupcake pan of 24-mini molds
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- Melt butter in a small pan, but don’t let it burn, add the vanilla beans and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix well the sugar, almond flour, and flour.
- Add to the dry mixture egg whites one by one. The batter should be homogeneous.
- Add the drops of almond extract.
- Discard the vanilla pod and stir butter into the mixture quickly to incorporate well, don’t disturb the batter too much.
- Pour into the small cupcake mold.
- Bake for 5 min in 450 C.
- Then lower to 350 and bake another 10 min.
- As soon as it comes out of the oven sprinkle sugar on top.