Based on Nelusha’s recipe, given via Debbi.
- 1lbs Crab meat (cleaned and washed)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1tsp grated fresh ginger root
- 2 green chili chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tbs cilantro leaves
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbs chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbs curry leaves
- 2 pieces cinnamon
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 tsp tamarind
- 1/4 cup water
- salt to taste
- In a large saucepan heat 2 tbs oil and saute garlic, ginger, onion, green chili and curry leaves until brown.
- Mix turmeric,cinnamon, cardamom powder and chili powder.
let it cook for 1 minute.
- Add crab meat in to the mixture, add tamarind and water, cover it and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk cook it for 5-6 minutes on low heat.
add cilantro leaves. mix it well and remove from the heat.