- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Grease loaf pan and dust with flour
- beat eggs
- Mix in sugar and al the wet ingredients (not the sweet potatoes)
- Turn oven on at 350F (175C).
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. (So not yet pecans)
- Fold in the dry ingredients into the wet mixture.
- Stir in sweet potatoes and chopped nuts.
- Pour batter into greased 9×5 inch loaf pan (or 2 small loaf pans).
- Bake for about one hour.