From Betty Bossi bakery le nouveau livre des friandises.
- 3 fresh egg white (about 100g)
- pinch of salt
- 250g confectioner sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp kirsch or lemon juice
- 350g ground almonds
- Beat the egg white with the salt to a stiff foam (when you pull the foam up, the snowy tip stays straight up)
- Fold in the confectioner sugar until you don’t see the sugar anymore.
- Reserve 1dl (0.4 cups) for glazing.
- Fold in the rest of the ingredients into the unreserved egg white foam.
- Roll the dough out onto a clean work surface. To minimize mess, you can put a cut open ziplock bag on top of the dough and roll your rolling pin on the bag. The width of the dough should be uniform at 7mm (between 1/4″ and 1/3″).
- Cut out stars from the sheet and set onto parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Using a teaspoon glaze the top of each star.
- Let the whole thing dry for at least 5 hours or overnight.
- Set oven to 250C (485 F).
- Bake for 3-5 min, depending on how chewy you want this to be.