Based on this and other similar articles.
- 1 14 oz. Can Condensed milk
- 14 oz. Whole milk (measure in the condensed milk can)
- 5 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 Tablespoon rum
- Caramel with lemon juice
- Prepare caramel and pour into the container (a flanera if you have one)
- Preheat oven at 350F.
- Mix all the other ingredients in the blender. Let it run for at least two minutes
- Pour mix into the container and cover (with aluminum if not using flanera).
- Place it in the oven on a bain marie for 1.25 hours. (The bain marie should already have boiling water in it). Length of time depends on how far the middle of the container is from the edge. Farther it is, the longer it will take. It should not jiggle very much by the time it is done.
- Cool until you can handle the container, and leave in the fridge for at least 5 hours, better overnight.
- Flip into a larger container.
Very important – let it cool before taking it out of the flanera