I am making this up based on many sources.
- About 1.5 lb of cornish hen
- 2 Tbsp yogurt
- 1 tsp asafoetida
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp tumeric
- 1 stalk of celery, cut into two, and chop one of the halves into one-inch pieces
- 1 beet, lightly peeled, cut into eight pieces
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped into pieces about the size of those of the beet.
- Mix the marinate and put it with the chicken into a ziplock bag and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Turn on oven for 350F.
- Stick the half celery into the cavity of the chicken.
- Put the chicken, breast up, in the oven. Surround it with the rest of the celery pieces and the chopped beet.
- Roast at 350F for 45min.
- Carefully open the pot, baste the chicken with the juice. If you don’t feel like it, skip this step. Either way, keep roasting for another 15 min.
- Turn up the heat to 400F. Add the sweet potato pieces, and leave the lid off. Roast this for another 15 min.
- Turn off the oven and take out the dutch oven, leaving the lid still off.