This is from many different sources.
- 3 medium carrots, chopped into half inch thick disks
- two large leek, white plus some light green part, cleaned well and cut lengthwise first and then half inch across.
- 2 celery stalks, half inch thick
- 1 onion, diced (need not be super small)
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1lb potatoes, cut into 1/2 in thick too, with skin if red potatoes
- Enough stock/water to cover the the ingredients
- half a bunch of parsley, with leaves plucked out and chopped as little or much as you want. Make sure it’s washed well as it tends to have sand.
- Add about two tbsp olive oil in a dutch oven over medium heat
- Add everything up to (and NOT including potatoes), so all the aromatics plus carrots
- Stir fry for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the potatoes and stir a bit more.
- Add the water/stock and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 min or until a couple of potatoes tested are tender to taste.
- Add parsley and turn off fire, leave it.