- 2 Tbsp (approximately) of olive oil
- 1/2-1 onion
- 4 strands of thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 branch of oregano
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 cups lentil, PICKED THROUGH for pebbles
- 4 cups of water/stock
- Half a bag of spinach
- Juice of a lemon
- 1/4 cup approximately of parsley leaves, chopped
- Over medium heat, sauté all the ingredients except lentil and liquid in dutch oven
- When veggies seem softened, add in the lentils and stir for about 30 seconds to coat the lentils with veggies
- Add the liquids and bring to a boil
- Cover and let it simmer (not boil) for 30 minutes.
- Add the spinach, break it up in the hot soup if too frozen until you can stir it around. Bring to a boil (add more water if needed), and let it simmer for 5 min.
- Stir in the lemon juice and the parsley and turn off the heat.