Based on several recipes. SERVINGS: 8-10
- 2 cups finely ground graham crackers (about 30 squares) or 1 cup bread crumb
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 2 15-oz. containers whole-milk ricotta
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 8-oz. packages cream cheese, room temperature, cut into cubes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1.5 Tbsp cardamom
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. salt-free matzo meal or flour
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp crushed pistachio
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ingredients with a fork until evenly moistened.
- Lightly coat the bottom and sides of an 8-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the crumbs into the pan and, using the bottom of a measuring cup or the smooth bottom of a glass, press the crumbs down into the base and 1-inch up the sides.
- Bake at 325° for 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Put ricotta in a large fine-mesh strainer set over a bowl. Drain for 30 minutes.
- Arrange rack in lower third of oven and preheat to 325°.
- Set a cookie sheet of boiling water on a rack below the one for the cake
- Grease an 8″ springform pan with 2 1/2″-high sides with butter.
- Transfer ricotta to a processor. Purée for 15 seconds. Scrape down sides of processor; purée until smooth.
- Add cream cheese; purée until smooth.
- Add the remaining sugar and all other ingredients; purée, scraping down sides occasionally, until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan.
Bake cheesecake until golden brown and just set, about 1 hour 15 minutes. The center will still look wet; if dry it’s been in there too long!
- Turn off the oven and leave the oven door open with a spatula for an hour.
- Transfer to a rack and let cool in pan (cake will fall slightly).
- Refrigerate uncovered until cool, about 3 hours. Then cover and chill overnight.
- To serve, wrap a warm towel around pan to release cake. Remove pan sides. Dust with powdered sugar. Cut into wedges.
- Serve with sprinkle of pistachios and drizzle with honey