- 400 g (3 cup) white all purpose flour
- 1.35g (1/2 tsp) active dry yeast or 1 g (1/4 tsp) instant yeast or
- 8 g salt (1 1/4 tsp) salt
- 300 g (1 1/2 cup) lukewarm water
- mix all the dry ingredients
- add water and mix it up until there isn’t much dry stuff left
- let it sit at room temperature for 12-24 hours
- put lots of flour on work surface, throw the dough on the surface
- Shape to a ball by folding the sides
- Put cornmeal or wheat bran on a cotton towel (no lint) and throw the ball gently onto it. Throw some more cornmeal or wheat bran on the top and cover the ball with the rest of the towel or another towl. Sit for 2 hours.
- 30 min before the end of the two hours, put a clean dutch oven with a lid into the oven and heat it up to 515F.
- Score the dough quickly with a serrated knife (easier if oiled). Gently throw the dough into the pot and return to oven with the lid on for 30 min.
- Remove the lid and bake for 20 more minutes until it sounds hollow when knocked on the bottom or the temperature inside is at least 200F.