Based on quick recipe of Wellness Mama
- 4 cups of water
- 1.5-2 cups of unsweetened shredded coconut
- Heat water, but don’t boil. It should be hot, but not scalding.
- Put coconut in blender and add water. (If all water won’t fit, you can add the water in two batches.)
- Blend on high for several minutes until thick and creamy.
- Pour through a mesh colander first to get most of the coconut out, and then squeeze through a towel or several thicknesses of cheesecloth to get remaining pieces of coconut out.
Makes 4 cups