Based on various sources
- large pinch of saffron
- 4 Tbsp boiling water
- 175 g “00” flour
- 150 g semolina flour
- 1 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- Crush the saffron with your fingers into the water. Let it steep for at least 30 min.
- Pulse the two flours in food processor until mixed
- Beat the eggs and egg yolks and add to the food processor. Pulse a couple of times so the eggs no longer are on top.
- Do the same with the saffron water.
- Then run the food processor until a ball is formed. Add a Tbsp more water if too dry, or a Tbsp more flour if too wet.
- Kneed the five, six times.
- Let the ball sit for an hour, at least 30 min, covered with damp cloth.
- Cut the ball into three parts. Each part goes through the roller until the 5th thinness.
- Add whatever you want as filling.