Based on the Cooking Jar’s Chicken Pot Pie
- 1.5 lb of any leftover cooked meat, such as turkey breast, chicken breasts, pork
- 5 tablespoons butter
- ¼ yellow onion, diced
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups frozen mixed carrots, green peas, and/or corn
- ½ cup celery, sliced (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon celery seed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 9″ pie crust
- Dice meat into cubes
- Over medium low heat, melt butter and stir in onions, cooking until onions are translucent
- Add in flour and whisk for 2 minutes to combine and form a roux
- Slowly pour in chicken broth and milk and whisk till smooth.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes until the sauce thickens, whisking occasionally
- Add frozen veggies and celery to the sauce and season with celery seed and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the diced meat.
- Place the meat in a 10″ skillet and pour sauce over, coating evenly. Stir to combine
- Roll out the pie crust to fit over the skillet, tuck in the edges and make several 1″ slits to let steam escape
- Place the skillet on a baking sheet to catch drips and bake at 425 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown
- Let it sit for 10 minutes minimum before slicing and serving warm