Based on various recipes, such as one Swiss Milk.
- 3 Eggs
- 150 ml milk/water
- 300 g Flour, can be any proportion of whole wheat
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp dry herbs, optional (fresh herbs would need to be chopped very fine)
- Beat eggs until foamy
- Mix in milk or water
- Mix in salt and nutmeg
- Slowly little flour at a time to minimize clumps
- Mix for 5 min
- Let it sit for an hour. In the meantime, prepare a large pot of salted boiling water.
- Scrape the dough into boiling water using spaetzle maker.
- Scoop out once the spaetzle rise to the top. Fluff.
- Fry in butter with herbs until golden.