From various sites like the one on Not So Ancient Chinese.
This is a 50% hydration with Koon Chun kansui.
- 250 g bread flour
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 tsp Koon Chun kansui
- Dissolve kansui in the water
- Put flour in the bowl of your kitchen aid
- Make a whole in the middle, and turn on machine slow with paddle attachment, add diluted kansui slowly so it is incorporated gently into the flour
- The dough will be crumbly but just wet enough for you to form a ball with your hands.
- Make a ball and knead for 5 min.
- Place in an airtight container for 1hr in room temperature or overnight. You can skip this step but it will come out a little different.
- Cut in half and save the other half for later. Use pasta roller and roll it until #5.
- Than cut with spaghetti cutter. Dust with flour to avoid sticking.