This is what I am using instead of sugar. It is based on a recipe here. It has sugar, but not processed except by me. It will be absorbed by the body more slowly than just pure sugar, organic or not.
I don’t add vanilla or salt because this is to be used in recipes and it might mess up the flavor of those recipes.
- 450g pitted dates
- ¾ cup water
- Pack your pitted dates real tight in a Mason type glass jar.
- Pour the water right over, cover and let soak overnight.
- After the dates have soaked, transfer the entire content of the jar, including the water, to the bowl of your food processor.
- Process for 5 – 8 minutes or until really smooth and creamy.
- Transfer back to the glass jar and place in the fridge where it will keep for about 3 months.