Based on recipe on Memorie di Angelina. It’s like making a crêpe but it gets poured into a hot skillet like making corn bread.
- 250g (1/2 lb) of chickpea flour (see Notes)
- 800ml (27 oz) water
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 3 Tbsp best Olive oil
- Place everything but the olive oil in a blender and blend until you have perfectly smooth, rather thin batter, similar to a crepe batter.
- Let the batter rest for at least three hours or (better) overnight. When you are ready to make your farinata, mix in the oil.
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Heat a cast iron skillet and add some olive oil. Before it smokes, add the batter.
- Place in oven for about 20 min, or until the top has brown spots.