- 298g Flour. Can be a mixture of any flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 227g (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 57g to 113g ice water including some lemon juice if needed
- lemon zest
- In a food processor pulse together the flour and salt.
- Dice the butter into cubes and pulse it into the flour mixture. Then run it until the butter is small pea-size.
- Drizzle in the ice water and lemon juice. Stop adding water when the dough starts to come together.
- Test it by grabbing it in your hands. If it holds together easily, without crumbling, it’s ready. If it has dry spots, or pieces break off easily, add a bit more water until it’s totally cohesive.
- Gather the dough into a ball, and divide it in half. Gently pat/shape each half into a rough disk.
- Roll immediately, if desired.
- For better texture, chill the dough for at least 30 minutes before rolling. If dough has been refrigerated longer than 30 minutes, allow it to warm at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes, until it rolls easily.
Use as directed in your favorite pie recipe.