You don’t need to buy the canned stuff; even if it’s organic, it will still have some other, albeit natural, stuff in it to keep the milk from separating. Based on Mama Wellness’s recipe. Just be careful not to scald yourself if the water is hot and might spill out of the blender.
- 2 c water
- 1 c unsweetened coconut flakes
- Bring water to a simmer
- Stir in the flakes
- Simmer for another 5 min
- Let it cool until you can touch the water
- Put into the blender and blend it up. You might have to do it in two times because the water might spin right out through the blender cover
- Pour through a sieve, press the flakes to get most out of the milk
- Save the flakes for a cake or a Thai chicken recipe.