This is based on a recipe on Bakeaholic, but without the plum. I had lemons that were going bad and goat cheese that wasn’t getting eaten.
- 240 g (2 c) whole wheat cake flour or all purpose flour
- One of the following
- 3/4 tsp cream of tartar plus 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 oz creamy goat cheese
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 200 g of date jam or 1 c sugar
- 1 tsp cardamom or vanilla extract
- the juice and zest of one lemon
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 325 F. To prepare your baking dish, butter and flour a 9×5 loaf pan. Oil spray is yucky and messy.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In your electric mixer using the paddle attachment, cream goat cheese and butter together until light and fluffy, about 5 min.
- Mix in your date jam or sugar, cardamom/vanilla, lemon juice and zest.
- Once incorporated mix in your eggs one at a time.
- Using a rubber spatula mix in your dry ingredients by hand.
- Spread batter into your prepared baking dish and bake for 70 minutes or until it is golden and a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean. Allow cake to cool.